E-Commerce & Web Developer
My Jewellery Shop is an independent family jeweller with over 40 years of experience in fine jewellery. We specialise in engagement rings, jewellery repairs, remodelling and custom designs, and operate a boutique store in Nobby Beach and an online retail store that ships Australia wide.
About the Role
Our business is experiencing an exciting time of growth, so we are on the hunt for an experienced individual to drive our e-commerce channels and website development!
As the E-Commerce & Web Developer it will be your responsibility to visualise and implement forward-thinking strategies that optimise outcomes across all facets of the business. Your first task will be migrating our existing website onto the Shopify platform and overseeing all related processes. This is a critical move that is set to take our business to the next level and ultimately better support our SEO and online sales potential. As such, experience with Shopify and maximising website functionality is essential.
From data management to stock control and product positioning, you will live and breathe everything tech, digital and business development with a keen interest in SEO, User Experience, User Interface and brand alignment. You will be knowledgeable in digital trends that maintain forward-thinking, best practice website management, and have a keen eye for detail and content accuracy.
You will be a key support to the owner of the business and assist with merchandise management across our online and in-store revenue channels, using data and analytics to see product lines move and ensure stock is recorded with precision at every touchpoint.
- Migrate existing website (Neto) onto the Shopify platform, maximising functionality and ensuring successful marketplace and SEO integration
- Day-to-day running of our website and eBay store including product preparation and regular updates (item descriptions, keywords, images) aligning to SEO requirements
- Lead best-practice data and stock management for our website and inventory systems
- Provide meaningful insight through analytical reporting to drive the business forward
- Monitor SEO, UX and UI trends, identifying opportunity to strengthen our e-commerce channels and drive sales performance, applying suitable insights and recommendations
- Work alongside the Marketing & Digital Media Coordinator to ensure the website aligns and remains on-brand with digital marketing plans, social media strategies and content marketing activities, assisting with technical execution as required
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience managing e-commerce platforms and marketplaces including Shopify
- Familiarity with executing website changes and online product management systems
- Experience with interpreting and analysing data from multiple systems and platforms
- Understanding of SEO practices to maximise the potential of every product online
- Competency with UX & UI principles to guide impactful decision making
- Proven knowledge of utilising digital techniques for business growth and positioning
- Avid problem solver, detail-orientated, outcome-minded and results-driven individual
- Proven ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and positive attitude, easily adapting to autonomous and collaborative work
- Marketing experience and relevant qualifications are preferred however not essential
- An appreciation of quality products and services and the desire to make an impact in a family-owned organisation
Why Join Our Team?
- One of the jewellery industry's most respected families
- An amazing team that are passionate about what they do
- Fantastic location right in the heart of Nobby Beach
- Personal development and growth opportunities
- Great work/life balance and staff benefits
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the digital media landscape, be well-versed in the technical side of website and stock management and have hands-on experience in a similar role. Whilst familiarity working with jewellery is preferred, if you think you have the skills and relative experience from another industry and e-commerce background, we would love to hear from you!
This position is best suited to a professional with the interest of long-term employment and desire to thrive in their career, offering great opportunity to transition into a senior role and lead the growth of our e-commerce department. Remuneration based on skills and experience with role flexibility for the right candidate.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, get in touch and apply now via Seek!
Please include a cover letter outlining your experience and professional qualities in relation to the role.
Please Note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DO NOT apply via the "Contact-Us" form on our website, your application will not be considered. Please apply via Seek.